Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pipe Band Forum 6/9/08

Using Bagpipe Software

I use Bagpipe Player and love it. I convert every piece of sheet music I get from the band into it. I can then save the tune as a midi file and convert it to mp3 so I can put it on my mp3 player and get familiar with the tune. It's also nice to be able to download tunes from websites that provided .bww formated music and be able to play it and print it. I've found some very good - and freely available - tunes that I might not have otherwise found.

Bagpipe Player is free, but you'll find that there is a lot of controversy over it. In fact you can't even mention it on some forums. I emailed the two parties involved and got a very terse response from one of them (I won't say which), but it made me feel much better about using it without feeling like I was an accomplice to theft. I was perfectly willing to pay for a good piece of software, but found there was no need.

There are still strong opinions out there, but I'm satisfied with my conclusions on the matter.

No comments:

Blog posts