Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Percentage of Pipers in each Grade

Thought this might be interesting.I wanted to find out what percentage of pipers there are out there in the various grades, so I did some research on the matter in the Western United States Pipe Band association and came up with the followin based on pipers competing in various events in WUSPBA in 2007.
The average percentage of pipers at a WUSPBA competition in 2007 was as follows:

Professional - 1.44%
Grade I - 4.16%
Grade II - 9.37%
Grade III - 27.61%
Grade IV - 57.41%

I didn't compete this year solo, but I'm anxious to get back into it. I'll see how next year goes for me and then I'd like to move up to grade III. I'd like to be a grade II piper eventually and I don't think that is beyond my reach even at my age.

No comments:

Blog posts