Friday, August 1, 2008

On Changing Bands (my comments)

I need to emphasize that I am not considering leaving our band (don't want to start any rumors). I think our PM does a great job and for the most part egos don't get in the way of having fun. But being in a competition band does have it's stresses.I agree that your own enjoyment is important and being miserable with a band kind of defeats the purpose of playing doesn't it? Our area has had some very strong feelings between bands in the past. Some of it has had to do with disputes regarding cheating in competitions and some of it is due to allegations of poaching members. Things have gotten better in recent years, but you can still feel some tension between older band members when we get together for district events.

No comments:

Blog posts