Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Pipe Band Forum 3/2/07

YouTube pipers (a topic I started to find out how others felt about YouTube pipers)

I did a search on YouTube checking out the clips of Red Hot Chili Pipers and hit on a wide variety of bands and pipers. I went through a bunch of them and came away somewhat inspired. Let me explain...Of the clips I watched I would say that the majority were pretty poor examples of piping. Of the rest, the majority were very good to professional level pipers and bands and the minority were average to slightly above average pipers.I was inspired because I have enough of an ego to believe I'm better than the poor pipers; so seeing them makes me feel pretty good about where I'm at. I am in awe of the really good pipers - it motivates me to work hard. And I'm inspired by the average pipers because I feel thats where I'm at and they look like they're having as much fun as I am.My conclusion is that I like YouTube's pipers - poor, average or professional level, they all have a way of making me feel good about my piping.

No comments:

Blog posts