Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dunshire Bagpipe Forum 8/18/06

Electronic Chanters (my comments about this topic)

I own a fagerstrom technochanter and have to agree with the positive remarks made here about them. I've had mine about 6 months now and take it EVERYWHERE. I can play it privately with my earbuds or through the speakers of my mp3 player. I have also plugged it into the CD adapter to my truck's am/fm cassette radio and played it through my truck's stereo (much to the delight - TIC - of the other passengers).I also sneak in a tune or two before I drop off to sleep next to my wife at night. I still practice on my PC and pipes, but my fingering has improved a lot with this practice tool because I can pull it out just about any time and anywhere. I love it! My instructor discouraged me from getting one because his hands were always too dry to get good contact. That hasn't been a problem with me at all and I have dry skin and live in a very VERY dry climate. The only problem I had was my pinky, but a bit of lotion takes care of that. I found that the move from EC to pipes was about the same as going from PC to pipes.I read a lot about the fagerstrom in these forums before I finally bought one and I haven't regreted the purchase at all.

No comments:

Blog posts