Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Dunshire Bagpipe Forum 8/25/06

Display of Medals (my comments about displaying medals awarded in competition)

I'm a novice piper at 47 years old and this is my first year competing. My first competition was nerve racking. I placed 5th out of 13 in both solos and was very happy with my performance. In my second competition I placed 3rd and 5th out of 9. I didn't wear my 3rd place medal for the band competition, but you can bet I wore that thing everywhere else. Perhaps when I am winning so many medals like some of the hard core veterans (and that won't be anytime soon) I'll be modest enough to hide them away, but until that happens I'll proudly (not arrogantly) wear any I'm fortunate enough to win at the event when I'm not competing. Sure it's an extrensic reward, but I can't help it if I'm a bit juvenile ... would a mature adult use one of these in a post?

No comments:

Blog posts