Sunday, November 16, 2008

Winner, Winner, Winner

Our band competed at the Dave Barclay Memorial Competition last week. We tied for first place in the QMM (quick march medley) but our ensemble score was lower, so we got second place. We then placed first in the timed Medley. We scored first place in all categories, so it was a fun win.

I felt pretty strong. I was worried about not being able to keep up the wind because I haven't practiced much, but I felt good.

We had seven pipers and four drummers (including the bass). We all sounded pretty good.

1 comment:

Mike (AKA Pops) said...

Good on you Granpa!

I'm about ten years your senior, but have also been at it about 6 years. Tragic to think of all the years we missed out on this wonerful thing! like you, my first public outing was to pipe at my grandparents' grave. I'm now the Piper for the El Zaribah Shriners, and having more fun than should be legal. I am certain my playing leaves a great deal to be desired, but the crowd and my freinds love it none the less.

Busk on,
Mike McGee